Sunday, February 15, 2009

Animal House / Faber College Theme Party - Video DJ




This Birthday party for Tom's 50th was a Toga theme party, fashioned after the Animal House Movie, and WOW! the guests at this party really got into it. College Sweaters and creatively designed togas were everywhere.


I brought in the Video DJ system and dual 42" LCD screens for entertainment and played 50's and 60's music videos. This party really gave me a chance to show what the video DJ can do. All of the unique music videos that aren't available to the general public, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, the Mamas & the Papas, James Brown and more. As the party progressed I included some other genres of dance music too but with the Animal House Theme I had to play "Shout" by the Otis Day and the Knights. Most danced, some watched... When I see people staring in amazement at the screens not able to believe that I have the videos that I have or in disbelief of the quality of those videos, I don't know which... but it's really one of the coolest parts of what I do. SDGE told the party hosts that power would be turned off between 10-10:30 for scheduled work on the system. A special generator was brought in just to keep the party going. We had such a great time, that before we knew it the party was at its scheduled end time. That left us with no choice but to go longer... This one would've made Dean Wormer jealous.

No comments: