Thursday, August 6, 2009

Corporate Party at the Ivy Hotel



United Bio Source hosted a party for their convention attendees at the open air rooftop bar at The Ivy Hotel and had me DJ. This was more of a club style presentation than I normally do for a wedding. It was the classic look similar to turntables, flat on a table. They were really interested in Video DJ but decided they needed to use the video screens for their logo and branding. It didn't matter the group of 300+ guests danced all night.

It was cool background music for the first hour then I started to pick up the pace a little bit and eventually it was a fun mix of all the new hits, Flo-Rida, Lady Gaga, LMFAO as well as the fun 80s and some Latin and House/Trance too. I spent several years DJing in Nightclubs as well as my Hip Hop radio mixshow and "The Digital Groove" radio show so this was a fun return to a mostly nightclub style party.












The mini video cam ran out of batteries and I didn't get very much footage before it died, but here is a little dance circle they had going at my end of the long narrow dance floor. Sorry the video is a little dark, partly from the lighting, partly from the low camera battery. It was great and went til almost 2am when the hotel finally said we had to stop for the night.

Scientists usually aren't known as the party crowd, but don't tell these guys!




No comments: