Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Azul in La Jolla

This was a one of a kind Irish wedding. They danced and had a great time, but the real highlight of the late afternoon, early evening wedding was... The groom's brother and best man didn't make it to San Diego, he was back in Chicago while his wife was having a baby boy. The day went beautifully and things couldn't have been better, except for the Best Man being 2000 miles away. My years in this industry have taught me to always think outside the box and find ways to go above and beyond to make memories for my clients.


I got the Best Man's cell phone number from the Father of the Groom, I called him to discuss my plan and told him I'd call him back on a land line at the Hospital to minimize any cellphone to cellphone interference. When it came time for the toast, the Maid of Honor spoke, the Father of the Bride spoke and even made reference to the Best man having not been able to make the trip and the birth of his son. When the toasts were finished I explained that I had a very special surprise for everyone and that I needed them to be very quite and that I had to step outside for better reception. I called the Best Man on the hospital room phone, put my cell phone on Speaker and held my wireless microphone to the speaker. The Best Man gave a great toast, and as he finished the groom walked out to find me so that he could speak with his brother directly. I was welcomed back into the dining area with a mixture of applause and heartfelt tears.

I love my job, I take being one San Diego's best entertainers very seriously. The look you see on the Groom's face was there all night.

No comments: