Thursday, April 23, 2009

DJ at the Prado



Danny and Diana had a big party for their wedding at the Prado in Balboa Park. I provided Traditional DJ, Dance Lighting and a custom Gobo projecting their initials in light on the dancefloor.



Danny told me in our initial meeting that he really wanted a lot of 90's and current music, everything from hip hop to 90's house music. He and Diana both understood the value of playing some music to appeal to the parents and grandparents so I played some old school and of course some latin. Cumbia, Merengue and even some Banda, they were a great crowd and danced for almost 3 hours after dinner and the other formalities were finished.

I know some DJs play the same "set" week in and week out, varying only slightly for requests, I honestly can't imagine not offering my clients that flexibility of playing the best songs for their guests. I do find myself playing some songs more than others but never as a preplanned set.

If you are looking for a location to have an event, you can't go wrong with the Prado. If you've ever been to the Prado restaurant... their special event catering is even better, I don't know what they do differently but The Prado is right up there in the top 3-4 on-site caters in San Diego.




No comments: