Monday, May 18, 2009

The Crossings in Carlsbad

This was an amazing party. I think this was the 6th time I had played parties and receptions for with this family (Slocomb, Castillo). First there were weddings for several siblings, then a couple of cousins and most recently Tony & Maria. The Crossings is a fantastic new venue in Carlsbad, with vaulted wooden ceilings and the spacious layout inside, it reminds me of the the Lodge at Torrey Pines.
What I love about this family is they and their guests love to dance and party. While most events I play for, whether I perform as a Traditional DJ or Video DJ, have good dance floors and a the guests have fun. This family really loves their music. I played everything from Earth Wind & Fire to Snoop Dogg, I even worked in a request for The Cure. I'll admit that playing the Cure is always a tricky thing for me at an event. I feel like The Cure is an acquired taste, some people love them and others have a quite different opinion. But I took the request into consideration and just waited to see if the right time to work it in arose and sure enough, it did and was just the right compliment to the other music they were having so much fun with. [Ok I confess I did mix out of the song before the end. ALWAYS LEAVE THEM WANTING MORE Right?]

(Click the video clip below to see a quick montage of the dancing)


You don't need a DJ that plays great music.
You need a Great DJ that plays music your guests will love.

No comments: