Thursday, March 11, 2010

Soul Train - Video DJ in Las Vegas


I was the opening DJ for the Soul Train Party in Las Vegas at the "Top of the Riv" Riviera Hotel. Close to 2000 DJs from aroudn teh world gather in Las Vegas every February to learn from each other, talk about new trends and new equipment on teh market. Days are filled with Seminars and Demo Sessions on various topics. The Nights are a serious of parties with different themes. 2010's conference opening night was a Soul Train Party and since my on-air role at Magic 92.5FM in San Diego is so similar to the classic Soul Train playlist it was a natural fit. I opened with 45 minutes of old school Video DJ, playing videos from Marvin Gaye, Klymaxx, The Whispers and O'Jays. I am proud to have one of the largest old school music video libraries in the country. After my set the Don Cornelius look-a-like host introduced some feature entertainers that brought back some old classic dances via a little Crowd interaction. DJ Toad from Ohio came in to close the last 45 minutes of the party with more videos. Taking the same stage the following night were Coolio and Sugarhill Gang (honestly not the best performances I've seen), then the 3rd night was DJ Kool came in to DJ and sing his "Let me Clear my Throat!". That was a great show.

You can see more at www.mobilemusicplus.com

No comments: