Monday, March 15, 2010

Wedding DJ at the Parker Meridian in Palm Springs

The last weekend in February I DJ'd a wedding reception for a great couple, Mike & Kelly Nathenson. Their wedding was at the Parker Meridian Hotel in Palm Springs. They had some great music requests that they wanted to work into the reception including a couple of songs from Phoenix. Phoenix is probably my favorite breaking band of 2009. They've been around for a little while but they're really gaining popularity in recent months. I provided 10 uplights around the room to with a warm "Candle Light" color which made them a appear a little warmer than a natural white light bulb would look and provide plenty of light so that the hotel lighting could be turned down.

The wedding was with one of my favorite coordinators Susanne Duffy of Crown Weddings. We started things off with the first dance and immediately opened the dancefloor for the guests to join them and dance a quick couple of songs. Although I don't always do an early dance set for most of the weddings I perform at, it always seems to lead to a more successful party. Once they finished dinner and the specialty dances, it was back to the dance floor...ALL NIGHT. They started dancing and the next thing I knew the night was over. Sorry the Video gets a little dark later in the clip, the uplights got unplugged to increase the ambiance.



That Hoe Down sounding song is "Gin & Juice" by Phish a fun spoof on the classic Snoop Dogg song. They told me during our first meeting that their friends would love it, and they did.

No comments: