Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Production Team DJ at the Beverly Wilshire.

I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to be part of a team to produce a Show in Beverly Hills at the Wilshire Hotel that was attended by Former First Lady Nancy Reagan and Fashion Legend Oscar De La Renta and the Master of Ceremony was Wick Martindale famous Gameshow host. The Show was great, it started with the Cocktail Reception and Lunch and flowed into the Fashion show to debut Oscar de la Renta's Fall line. Click Here for the LA Times Coverage of the event.

There isn't much correlation between DJ'ing a fashion show and a Corporate event or a wedding, but its a great qualifier. High profile fashion shows like this demand flawless execution by the DJ. Even small gaps in music and cues missed by factions of a second aren't acceptable. Luckily this is similar to DJing on the radio, "Live without a Net" I call it. My 13+ year radio career has taken me to a position where 100% flawless is the standard by which we measure all of our performances.

I know what is at stake for a Bride and Groom or for the HR rep for a company as they plan their party or Reception and that they are normally concerned with how they will look to their coworkers and peers.

My DJ's and I are in the business of making our clients look good EVERYTIME.

No comments: