Monday, May 30, 2011

New Boyz, Z90.3 FM & Mobile Music Plus

Ok so first a little back story... I was in Radio for about 13 years, I was a syndicated Mix DJ which basically means that I did those cool beat mixed continuous music shows. Different radio stations have mixes at different times but a lot of Friday and Saturday Night Party Shows. I mixed a few different music formats, I did 3 main shows, a Hip Hop Show,a House Music Show called the Digital Groove with my good friend DJ Marc Thrasher and an Old School Show. These mixed for San Diego stations Z-90, Channel 93.3 and Magic 92.5 as well as about 28 stations around the country including Houston, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and others.

So that brings us to Friday May 27th, I still have a lot of friends at Z-90 and Magic 92.5 and they usually give me call to make their on-site shows happen if the venue doesn't already have a Sound System. Every Spring Z-90 holds a school spirit contest where area high schools compete to win an end of year- on campus concert by a Top Recording Group or Artist. This Year Rancho Buena Vista High in Vista overwhelmingly won the concert from the New Boyz. It's a really quick show, it takes place during or just after lunch so 30 minutes to move the kids in, do the show, and move the kids out. This show was outside on the football field so I had to bring in my friends at ProSystems AV for the Mini Concert Sound System. This system is HUGE!














The New Boyz took the stage and didn't disappoint. 20 minutes of excitement and the kids were going crazy.
















This is about the 6th year we've done this show for Z-90, past artists include Warren G, Soulja Boy, San Diego Native - Lil' Rob, Baby Bash played a couple of shows

No comments: