Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum

Late fall 2011 I DJ'd a wedding and then the reception right afterward at the Seaside Forum. The wedding went perfectly, they were from Hawaii so the music choices for the wedding were mostly Hawaiian. The Bride is a Dance Music Recording Artist and normally when I have clients like that I try to avoid playing their music during the event, mainly just because its a little weird. But this one wasn't like that, she was perfectly fine with it. As a matter of fact, at first she gave me the track titles and didn't even tell me they were her tracks.

It was kind of a dance music crowd and pretty much the entire group recognized, got up, danced and sang along when I played the first 2 of her songs. By the time I played the 3rd song I honestly think I had worn them out. They danced solid for about 2 hours and were still dancing but I think they were pretty out of gas at that point.

No comments: